Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

03 Yukon Denali XL stalling out, need help

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2022, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Yukon Denali XL stalling out, need help

I have an 03 Yukon Denali XL as you might have guessed from the title. About a month ago I was driving home and I lost all power, battery light came on and engine light came on. My OBD port was not working so I was not able to run any codes. Thought it might be my alternator that failed so I swapped it out with one from my parts truck. still not starting, so I replaced the battery and still not starting. Had it taken to the shop and they fixed my OBD port and said I had a bad fuel pump. Got that, fuel filter and lines replaced. I few days go by and I'm having issues again. This time it will start but feels like the engine is choking and keeps making a poping noise from under the hood. It then stalls out and dies. No lights on except battery light and low full light. ( It has a quarter of a tank) After some research I came to a conclusion that I possibly had shot fuel injectors, mas air flow sensor or throttle body needs cleaned. I took care of all of those. Still having the same issue, popping noise and stalling out. Only now it's saying that I have a bad throttle body sensor and accelerator sensor and reduced engine power. I get these replaced and lights go away. I then notice that everytime I press the breaks it's dieing and battery light comes on. It did have service break booster message but I had replaced that a year ago, message never went away. So I look it up and it says that a bad break booster could be causing the problem when I press the breaks. So I replaced that and the message is gone. Start her up and still choking and stalling and popping sounds, battery light comes on and low fuel light comes on. So I have replaced the Alternator, battery, throttle body, accelerator position sensor, fuel injectors, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, break booster. The battery and alternator are testing good. Any idea what it might be. So far I'm in it around $2000 to fix the problem and don't know what else to check. I have no codes coming up when I scan it.
Old March 31st, 2022, 5:00 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by MrAxtell69
I have an 03 Yukon Denali XL as you might have guessed from the title. About a month ago I was driving home and I lost all power, battery light came on and engine light came on. My OBD port was not working so I was not able to run any codes. Thought it might be my alternator that failed so I swapped it out with one from my parts truck. still not starting, so I replaced the battery and still not starting. Had it taken to the shop and they fixed my OBD port and said I had a bad fuel pump. Got that, fuel filter and lines replaced. I few days go by and I'm having issues again. This time it will start but feels like the engine is choking and keeps making a poping noise from under the hood. It then stalls out and dies. No lights on except battery light and low full light. ( It has a quarter of a tank) After some research I came to a conclusion that I possibly had shot fuel injectors, mas air flow sensor or throttle body needs cleaned. I took care of all of those. Still having the same issue, popping noise and stalling out. Only now it's saying that I have a bad throttle body sensor and accelerator sensor and reduced engine power. I get these replaced and lights go away. I then notice that everytime I press the breaks it's dieing and battery light comes on. It did have service break booster message but I had replaced that a year ago, message never went away. So I look it up and it says that a bad break booster could be causing the problem when I press the breaks. So I replaced that and the message is gone. Start her up and still choking and stalling and popping sounds, battery light comes on and low fuel light comes on. So I have replaced the Alternator, battery, throttle body, accelerator position sensor, fuel injectors, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, break booster. The battery and alternator are testing good. Any idea what it might be. So far I'm in it around $2000 to fix the problem and don't know what else to check. I have no codes coming up when I scan it.
If I had to make a guess, I think you have an intake leak, MrAxtell69. Beyond that, you may have a bad ECM, since you indicated that the battery and low-fuel indicator come on. It's the price we have to pay for lower emissions and fuel use.