Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1957 Bel Air project: Update #1!

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2019, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1957 Bel Air project: Update #1!

Hey all, mentioned in my first post that I'd update every time we do something with our '57 Bel Air project.

Today was all about cleaning the thing out. Underneath the hood was about 20 years worth of leaves and pine needles tightly packed into every nook and cranny, along with some kitty fur from the cat that likes to sleep in there during the winter. About an hour with a brush, long screwdriver and air blower had it 99% debris-free.

We lit a bomb inside yesterday that had all the critters either dead or gone by the time we started cleaning today. The only bugs we found were a colony of ants living underneath the carpet my buddy had put in there decades ago (not sure why). Once all the dirt and crumbled headliner had been cleaned out we could actually sit on the seats. Found out the clutch pedal sticks when pushed down and there's no brake pressure. No surprise there, but we'll have to fix that before we roll it down the hill into the garage LOL. After that we filled up the tires and were not to find any air leaks, then it started climbing over 95 degrees so it was time to call it quits and grab a cold beer I didn't get any before pics but I'll attach the ones I did take since there's no such thing as too many bel air pics lol

Will post the next update soon!

Old June 6th, 2019, 8:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

I had one as a teen, 283 with a power gluide
Old June 7th, 2019, 1:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
I had one as a teen, 283 with a power gluide
Nice. Yea our’s has the original 283 and 3 speed manual