Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1964 bel air - biscayne question

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2006, 12:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1964 bel air - biscayne question

in 1968 my father traded in his 1960 4 door corvair for a 1964 red 4 door bel air or biscayne with a straight six and three on the tree that included dual antennas and a polished insert in the tail light section. i have searched the web and cannot find this option package information. i do not believe it was an impala although it may have included six tail lights. i vaguely remember him calling it the captain option package. does anyone know of a special upgrade option package for the lower end full size 4 door chevy's?
Old December 2nd, 2006, 5:51 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 1964 bel air - biscayne question

Thats an interesting question. I have a lot of experiance with GMs 60s full size cars & I have never heard of that. However in the 60s you could order a car with just about any option combination you wanted but, I have never heard of Impala tail lights on a Bel-Air or Biscayne as an avalible option nor have I seen any like that other than cars that have been modified. I have heard of dealships adding options to pre-sold cars & selling it as an option package so maybe your fathers car was one of those. Is that car still around?
Old December 12th, 2006, 9:21 PM
CF Beginner

thanks for your information buster. unfortunately the car was totalled in the early 70's while my parents were part of a funeral procession. i can't find any pictures in the family photo album although we still have a picture of my dad's first new car, the 1960 4 door corvair. i did find an internet picture of a 1963 impala 4 door with the dual antennas and tail light insert although i still believe my dad's was a '64. i'm positive his car had a straight six and three on the tree and i do remember that the car was not badged as an impala..............
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

I did a check with my records and I did not find any Factory option that was refered to as the Captain option package. Only the Impala had the three tail light set up. Biscayne and Bel air had two.

Randy_G
Old December 18th, 2006, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

Randy_G, thank you for researching. Because I wasapproximately tenwhen the car was totalled I'm trying to research by memory.Is it possible my Dads car was a '63 Impala four door with a straight six and a three on the tree? I found a car almost identical to it (paint, dual antennas, tailight insert) on the internet except it has a V8 and Powerglide. Hopefully the link will work for you.

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...7/85282687.htm
Old September 29th, 2015, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Drum Spindle Compatibility

Good Afternoon ALL. I recently acquired a family owned 1964 Bel Air and was wondering if anyone knew what disc brakes are compatible with the 64 drum spindles?