Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1988 Chevy van no high beams.....

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2007, 9:42 PM
PTT
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Chevy van no high beams.....

My daughter-in-law had a do-si-do with a deer and I had to replace the plastic grill/headlight bezels. After everything was put back together the van only hasthe topheadlights on this quad headlight system. No difference when the stalk is pulled back to turn on highbeams. The 4way flasher stays illuminated when headlight switch is pulled on but goes out when headlight switch is pushed off. I checked the grounds above the headlight and they are rust free and tight. I did notice that when the passengerside ground is loosened tha the other two dead headlights attempt to come on but very weak. Tightening the ground and they go out totally. Is there something else I'm missing that could be causing this as a result of the deer encounter According to the daughterthe lights worked fine anddidn't do this before the deeraccident. Is there another ground somewhere? Thanks.
Old September 20th, 2007, 6:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1988 Chevy van no high beams.....

Unplug the lights and test the wires for power first. If theres power than it may be a ground issue. If theres no power youneed to check for an unplugged harness or pinched wires.
Have you tried to wiggle the wires at the bulb to see if its a bad connection there?