Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1994 chevy k1500 4x4 4L60E trans stopped working

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2014, 1:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1994 chevy k1500 4x4 4L60E trans stopped working

I have a 94 chevy k1500 4x4 ext short bed pick up and the other night the trans stopped working. it hasn't ever slipped or anything? I got stuck the other night and locked it in 4wheel n rocked it out and then the trans started to blow fluid out of the dipstick and overflow tube on top of the trans and now will move some when its cold but once it warms up it wont move. I haven't moved it at all really since it happened, once I noticed it was startin to slip after I got unstuck I parked it right where it was n got out n noticed the fluid leaking out. when its cold I can start it and put it in gear n it will drop in gear like its fine both D and R but once it gets warmer it does nothing in R and D starts to fade and then does nothing but changes the idle when I put it in gear. fluid level is showing a little over full and not real dark like its burnt but its a little dark n smells n tastes fine. any solutions or ideas b4 I do a manual swap? .... ive drove it every day for the past few weeks and have had no problems what so ever and I put new exhaust on it and drove it about 15 miles from my shop to home when I got stuck out in the yard and this happened. this is my daily driver so I need it up n going asap! I just don't kno y it just did this every trans ive had go out has showed signs leading up to it, slipping etc. as far as I can tell this has the 4L60E 4x4 trans