Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1995 Chevrolet G20 Van 350 (5.7liter), 8-cylinder, 135,000 mi

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2015, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Chevrolet G20 Van 350 (5.7liter), 8-cylinder, 135,000 mi

One day while I was driving my van and after I made a left turn trying to accelerate my speed, I noticed the van started to lose power. I stepped on the gas pedal, but the engine did not respond accordingly. The engine sounded like it's going to stall. I kept on stepping on the gas pedal and managed to keep the engine running, however there wasn't a lot of power from the engine and the van was moving slowly.

When I got home, I put the van on park with the engine still running and engaged the emergency brake and stepped on the gas pedal. The engine didn't react right away upon pushing the gas pedal. Also, sometimes when I push the gas pedal quickly, the engine stalls.

After several days, I replaced the fuel filter with a brand new one. I started the engine while in park and I thought it got better, but it's still not like it was before. When the van starts moving, it accelerates very slow even when I push the gas pedal all the way to the floor. But when it gets to 40mph+, the van feels like it's running almost normal. When I slow down and try to speed up again, the van accelerates really slow no matter how I push the gas pedal.

Another thing I noticed when I turn on my air condition, I lose more power from the engine especially when I'm making turns and the engine stalls at times.

What could be the problem with the symptoms I'm having with my van? I appreciate your help, thanks!
Old November 20th, 2015, 9:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CEL? Any codes? Sounds like when I had a plugged converter. Scrap it and get this one

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5231428683.html