Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

89 celebrity please help

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2011, 11:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 celebrity please help

So, heres the story. me and my friends daily driver, and only car. barely struggling to be able to pay insurance on the dam thing. 89 chevy celebrity. 2.8 v6 auto transmission. front wheel drive. trans was/is slipping pretty badly. went to good old walmart. got a quart of tranny fluid and that bars leak stop slip stuff. helped a little not slipping as bad anymore. fluid needs to be changed when we get money. on the way to try and find something cheap to eat, at stop lights and whenever the car is idling, it started shuddering a little, and seemed like it was about to stall. sometimes dipping really low in the rpm's then pretty violently raising back up. no tach, so dont know what the exact rpms are but pretty god dam close to stalling. lights also dimming when its doing this. new battery. just chnged the oil. engine seems fine. revs up no problems, no weird sounds. 93xxx miles on it. pleased help with any advice or ideas. we have like, no money at all. god i wish i still had my brick....
Old February 14th, 2012, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B12

Get B12 Chemtool fuel injector cleaner in a spray can. Keep the rpm around a grand so it won't stall and spray it into the throttle body, you probably have a circuit in there gummed up. It costs less than $10 I think. Put a can of it in the tank next time you change the oil too. I do that on all of my older cars when I change the oil. Until one of the kids wrecked it my DD was a 79 Bronco, so I'm use to keeping 'em going. Hope this helps, good luck, I'm with you on the broke ****!