Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

94 G20 fuse with no power

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2022, 4:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 G20 fuse with no power

Hi all, new to the forum

I recently purchased a 1994 G20 Glaval Gladiator High top Conversion Van, the previous owner installed a battery cutoff due to power drain over time. The Van was cared for greatly and in amazing condition. No rust, and drives like a dream

Went through to diagnose the power draw issue, pulling fuses one by one and found 2 fuses that cause about 1.5 amps of draw each. The first fuse was the "horn/dm" fuse under the driver's kick panel, the second was the "ctsy" fuse behind the driver's seat. Anyone who could shed some light on where to go next would be awesome.

Now onto the main problem, all fuses were reinstalled and now somehow my dash panel illumination and all of the parking/backup lights do not work. I went back and checked all fuses and the "instr lps" fuse has no power to it. The fuse is not blown and swapped with a new fuse, even probing the contacts themselves I get no power. I'm not sure how to remove the fuse panel to check the wires going in. It looks like it's screwed in through the firewall but can't locate the screws on that side. Am I missing something simple? Could I have inadvertently blown something else between the battery and fuse panel (relay or something)?

I still have the doghouse shroud off so the power mirror plug and 12v outlet are disconnected, it shouldn't need that though right?

edit for more details: I have the headlamp switch on when probing, and even removed the switch to continuity test it hoping that was the problem but it checked out.

​​​

Last edited by GlavalG20; March 19th, 2022 at 4:25 PM.