Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

97 s10 stuck in SAFE MODE/LIMP MODE and ABS light and SERVICE ENGINE lightis on...

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2018, 12:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 s10 stuck in SAFE MODE/LIMP MODE and ABS light and SERVICE ENGINE lightis on...

we have a 97 s10 long bed, regular cab, 4.3L(i think its 4.3 the filter says V6 VORTEX). the SERVICE ENGINE light has come on and off in the past from our honest guessing its due to a loose wire. well that wasn't a problem just annoying. well in the past 2 months its has either STALLED while driving and never/did kick back to normal while driving. or we had to pull over to turn off and then turn back on to get it to back to normal. well the past 2 weeks it went from bad to horrible. one day while i was working it was running then it wouldn't turn over. it fires but not start. well had a HORRIBLE back yard mechanic/tow guy put ONLY 1 fuel filter (not 2 that cost us 320 for him to put it on and we were in a hurry since its our only ride and one of us only works) and fuel pump. but back to subject at hand. after he messed it up and it only ran that one day we got it from him, it wouldn't even run. and if it did run it would stutter or even stall when driving. well now we have a great neighbor who's putting his blood and sweat in the truck to help us keep going and for me to keep working. the ABS light came on in the past 2 weeks and when i saw it, i got scared. i called the neighbor and he told me to drop it to his place and he'll do his best. well after talking to people one guy said its in SAFE MODE and the THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR is half of whats going on. my neighbor hooked up his blue tooth code reader to the truck and its saying the water is over 300 degrees/running hot. now MY guess is that it need a new computer and that might at MOST fix it or atleast help get things close to normal. NEIGHBOR believes its a connector somewhere.

I know im rambling. please help!! we need this truck to get back to at least running so i can go back to work. or find a job where i wont use it for work only to get to work.