Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

help! Need advice on fixing my truck

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! Need advice on fixing my truck

Hey all, I have a 1995 k 1500 wt 4.3l that all of a sudden is doing all sorts of weird stuff. Started it one day and the check gauges light is flashing on and off. Truck has no acceleration at all but will get up to speed evantually.starts up ok but all my gauges are flicking when i hit a turn signal or step on the brakes. They seem to dip when any blinker or the brake is used. Now both my tack and speedometer are not working.
I read the obd codes and it showed me bad coolant sensor so I changed it. Also wires and plugs and wires.No help. I love this truck and want to keep it cause it has a plow package on it for my property. When I changed the cap out I couldn't get the rotor off inside so I left the old one on and it started right up again. when I step on the pedal it does nothing but take forever to get up to speed. doesen't seem to have a clogged cat but who knows. Voltage problem?Put new ground from frame to firewall.No help. Out of work right now so any help would be great. Truck has 295,000 miles and has never givin me a bit of grief. Really need this truck to keep some money coming in till im back to work. Any help would be great. Gratefully: Steve

Last edited by Steven G Affuso; September 1st, 2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: add
Old April 16th, 2014, 7:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stuck rotor might be a clue. Check the bottom of the distributor for two holes covered by screens. If they are there, are they clean or plugged. If plugged, it would seem the corrosion has gotten bed. You might be better off replacing it with a rebuilt one.