Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

passlock electrical madness!!!????

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2006, 3:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passlock electrical madness!!!????

Hey there, I'm new to this forum, and well any for that matter. This is because I am an trouble!!! I am a classic car builder and have just put my first fuel injected gm vortec powerhouse into a 67 chevelle malibu conv. Better gas mileage, injection response, sounded like a good idea, right? Wrong! I got the motor from a 96 chevy half ton totalled at a junkyard, so I gutted the entire electrical nightmare, that is needed sensors, clipped abs and other unnessesaries, etc... But I found out upon trying to FINALLY start the engine in the car that the little sensor (halleffect sensor as i've learned) on the tumbler was very VERY nessesary! I want this thing to run for more than two seconds!!!! I returned to the junk yard to retrieve the ignition, only to find the truck got CRUSHED!!!! no sensor to reset the BCM or PCM or whatever, and I do not want to buy a column and jam it into this breathtaking classic because it looks like getting the 96 ignition (tumbler) into the dash of the mal is gonna be nxt to impossible!!!! Is there any way to get around this, I don't care If I even burn out this passlock thing, as long as i can drive my damn car!!!! OR AT LEAST HEAR IT RUN FOR MORE THAN 2 SECONDS!!!!!! AHHHH HELP!!!!