Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

Think Chevy will bring a compact pickup here?

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2017, 3:47 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Think Chevy will bring a compact pickup here?

This story on the HP says there's been a trademark filing for "Montana" stateside, and while I think there would be way too much work in bringing something like the existing Montana here, the idea of a compact pickup is intriguing. Also? I think something with crazy styling like this might actually work? Either that or it'd crash and burn hard. What do you think?
Old August 31st, 2017, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there are a lot of Americans who are intimidated by the idea of a large vehicle, but occasionally need to haul push mowers, construction materials, trash, full sized dogs, or firewood. And let's get real, the existing selection of "compact" pickups sucks, they're all too big and none of them offer much advantage (in handling or mpg) over the full sized options. The market for something like that one will be fairly small, but it certainly exists and isn't being served now. I would hope for a transverse I4 making about 100 hp, 30+mpg, and available limited slip diff. so it can go off the pavement without getting stuck. While I'm making my wish list, I want to be able to haul a 4x8 sheet of plywood, though it's ok if it sticks out on the tailgate.
Old September 1st, 2017, 7:51 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

It all depends on the price of the truck. If it is reasonable it will sell to a limited market.
Old September 1st, 2017, 4:52 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds like a pretty perfect truck.
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Is it built on a platform from a cruze?

They will definitely be alone in the market...Its not for me but I hope it does well.

I tend to buy more truck than what i need...That way it never gets over worked.