Transmission Problem 1995 K2500 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Transmission Problem 1995 K2500

CF Beginner

September 12th, 2017, 8:29 AM   #1  
Transmission Problem 1995 K2500

Hi, I just bought an old 1995 Chevy K2500 V8 5.7 Liter with 240,000 miles on it. I bought it to help me get into cars/trucks and learn about them. So my problem is that it has been occasionally stalling when stopped and Im pretty sure thats because the oxygen sensor is broke, does that sound right? my other problem which is more major is that when I let off the gas when accelerating around 45mph i hear a clang sound. Also when Im at a complete stop and I let my foot off the brake and accelerate i hear a small honk noise underneath me i think that might also be the transmission. Any Help would be appreciated.

Last edited by jbuck; September 12th, 2017 at 9:14 AM.

CF Beginner

September 12th, 2017, 7:12 PM   #2  
Congratulations

Well, you purchased a great truck to start learning on! You must be proud of such an iconic American made truck. Congratulations on being strong.

The O2 sensor is an easy replacement, but I can't say that will fix your problem.

Just to be more clear...when you have the truck in drive and stop, there is a slight hesitation, like it wants to jump?

And when you are driving, sometimes it has trouble getting into gear?

CF Beginner

September 13th, 2017, 7:32 AM   #3  
Yes thats correct it was jumping a lot when stopped at lights and stop signs but i replaced the exhaust about a month ago and it fixed it for a few weeks and is now jumping again when stopped.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: