Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

What do you think of the SSR?

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2018, 4:46 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What do you think of the SSR?

Brett thinks the SSR makes zero sense, and that's the nature of its appeal. I've never really found them all that cool, but the relative rarity means I'll always go check one out if I happen to see it in a parking lot. That said, I thought the commercial for it was hilarious, and admit that folding hardtops are super trick... What do you think about the SSR?

Old July 12th, 2018, 9:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Its great when the designers build something with unique lines. Not meant to be practical...built to cruise.
based on a trailblazer platform...the 300hp engine feels underpowered, the vette engine version must of been pretty quick. If you gonna get a convert...hard top is the way to go.
Old July 13th, 2018, 12:28 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
Its great when the designers build something with unique lines. Not meant to be practical...built to cruise.
based on a trailblazer platform...the 300hp engine feels underpowered, the vette engine version must of been pretty quick. If you gonna get a convert...hard top is the way to go.
Oh yeah, the LS version must be pretty quick. And if I was going to get a convertible, I'd definitely go for a hardtop version. I live in Seattle, so most of the time, the roof would be up anyway, ha ha!