Paint, Body, & Interior Getting resprayed? Want to discuss body modifications? What about your carpeting and upholstery? This is the place for it!

Silverado bed questions...

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2006, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado bed questions...

Hey guys I need some help. I have a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2wd short bed. A couple weeks back I had a minor accident and the passenger side of the bed got a nice size dent in it. Repair shop is quoting $2500 to repair that side of the bed and repaint it. I found a brand new take off bed from a silverado for sale. So my plans are to purchase a bed and repaint the whole truck my self since I am inclined. Probably do some ghost flames or stripes of some sort and still come out less than $2500.

I found a new bed from a 2006 Silverado. My question is does this bed interchange over? The bed looks very similar but I am unsure if they bolt up the same or if there are any other issues. I know the taillights are different and I know they interchange between the years but I would like to know if the beds are still the same. I just dont want to purchase the bed and get it painted and looking pretty then run into issues. Any help that you may offer me would be great. Thanks Josh
Old March 12th, 2007, 3:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Silverado bed questions...

Been contemplating on doing it myself. I'll update you as soon as I find anything significant to our worries.

Old March 16th, 2007, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

the way it almost always works is if the body part you are trying to make interchangealbe is coming from a chevy pickup with a different looking front end/grille, then it probably wont fit, but im assuming chiltons could help you out
Old March 20th, 2007, 8:57 PM
CF Beginner

How bad was the dent? You could probably get your whole truck painted for $2500. Just taking a unispotter will pull those out and throw some bondo on it, then primer and paint shouldn't be $2500. Well, then again the cost of paint is expensive. What are the details on the accident?

If the accident wasn't your fault, you might be able to get insurance to do it. That way it's no cost to you. Get other quotes from places and see who's the cheapest. Then decide if you want to try to switch the bed over.