Paint, Body, & Interior Getting resprayed? Want to discuss body modifications? What about your carpeting and upholstery? This is the place for it!

tiger striping

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2010, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tiger striping

I painted my car with a candy blue but on the hood and some spots it tiger striped. How do i fix it? And it ran in just a few spots. How can I take care of these so its not noticeable.
Old August 10th, 2010, 5:14 AM
CF Beginner

Hey I can suggest you that just try to paste a sticker which is attractive to hide these spots. I had a scratch on my pickup truck which I made invisible by using this method. Just try it and reply.
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by PatI80
I painted my car with a candy blue but on the hood and some spots it tiger striped. How do i fix it? And it ran in just a few spots. How can I take care of these so its not noticeable.
True Candy Colors are a transparent base applied over varying ground coats like a silver, white, gold, or others. When you apply the transparent candy (red,blue,green,yellow,etc.) it must be applied extremely even. You tiger stripes can not be corrected. You will need to re-apply the ground coat and start over with the candy color and make sure it is applied in lighter more even coats until you achieve the look you want. This could be a lot of thin coats. Then apply your clear coat evenly in coats ranging from 2-3. Polish after drying for the proper time. I started painting in 1968 and painted yesterday. I hope this information helps you.