S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

01 Blazer couple questions please

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2007, 3:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Blazer couple questions please

Hello, just bought my 3rd 4.3 vortec vehicle. I love them but I needa little bit of help from you guys please. Couple questions..

1.My fuel gauge is bouncing around intermittently and is not being accurate. Also my blazer cranks a little bit before starting. Could this be the fuel pump causing both problems?

2.How do you check if the fan clutch is bad?

3. My headlights and panel lights flicker a little while idling at low speeds..... any idea why?

I really love this truck I just wanna work out these bugs. Thanks so much everyone!
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 01 Blazer couple questions please

1. your sending unit is bad, your pump is about to die. replace the fuel pump.

2. your fan is set to come on at a predetermined coolent temp, your coolent temp switch will tell it to come on after your thermostat has opened in you cooling system. let your truck idle in the driveway with the A/c running and moniter the temp and listen for the fans to engage, if they do not engage with the temp gauge at 1/2 or more then replace the coolent temp sensor, or check the fuse or wiring...

3. short in your wiring either behind dash or in fuse box under hood..check wiring.
Old July 13th, 2007, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

Awesome. Thanks so much the helping me out. Do you by chance know if the fuel tank has to be dropped to get to the fuel pump on this vehicle? I found a few on ebay for around 100 bucks plus shipping so I'll get that done before it leaves me out in this Phoenix heat. Thanks again!
Old July 13th, 2007, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

NP, Yes you will have to drop the tank to replace it. becareful when you drop the tank there is an overpressure vent on the top front drivers side that will snap if you don't disconnect it prior to dropping the tank all the way out, I learned this the hard way that it is a dealer part only..