S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1988 s10 2wd 2.5L . Clutch pedal has no pressure.

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2018, 2:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 s10 2wd 2.5L . Clutch pedal has no pressure.

So I have a 1988 chevy s10 2.5L 2wd. I have no pressure behind my clutch pedal I replaced the slave cylinder first and bleed it. Well it was still squishy. So I replaced the clutch master cylinder and then bleed it. There are no bubbles. I've bread it multiple times. Before I did this I was able to shift with no problem. Until one day it started to get more and more squishy (clutch pedal) well after I replaced those part I have nothing. I can feel the clutch plate opening but not far enough to shift smoothly. I did not bench bleed the parts before installing. I thought it would be fine to bleed it all. I'm not sure what else to try. The clutch fork looks fine. Any ideas?
Old December 6th, 2018, 2:14 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Alic Wessendorf
So I have a 1988 chevy s10 2.5L 2wd. I have no pressure behind my clutch pedal I replaced the slave cylinder first and bleed it. Well it was still squishy. So I replaced the clutch master cylinder and then bleed it. There are no bubbles. I've bread it multiple times. Before I did this I was able to shift with no problem. Until one day it started to get more and more squishy (clutch pedal) well after I replaced those part I have nothing. I can feel the clutch plate opening but not far enough to shift smoothly. I did not bench bleed the parts before installing. I thought it would be fine to bleed it all. I'm not sure what else to try. The clutch fork looks fine. Any ideas?
Could be a bad braided hose, but I am pretty sure those come with the hydraulic slave cylinder. If not it MIGHT be leaking from there. Do you have any loss of fluid?
You may have to pressure bleed it, assuming that you were gravity bleeding the system. Do you know if your clutch plates are not simply worn out?