S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1994 Chevy s10 zr2 4.3, idles rough when warm

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2019, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda wondering if i have a computer issue now that my initial reading is so low, all my other sensors signal wires were .50
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:15 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

my understand is if you disconnect the sensor it will read a default setting of .5 and should run the same as when its cold. when it cuts off do you have to let it cool down before it can restart? do you still have a catalytic converter on it? i dont want to say "bad ECM" as i dont believe theres a way to test it. but if you knew someone that had one you could swap it out. another friend i talk to says if nothing else make sense on these TBIs then replace the ECM but i dont want to say that unless youve swapped it and the newer one works
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Irish_alley
my understand is if you disconnect the sensor it will read a default setting of .5 and should run the same as when its cold. when it cuts off do you have to let it cool down before it can restart? do you still have a catalytic converter on it?
It will start right back up but just idle like crap and my catalytic is off
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:20 PM
I'm here for the party

i updated that post as you were replying to this one
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:41 PM
CF Beginner

my understand is if you disconnect the sensor it will read a default setting of .5 and should run the same as when its cold. when it cuts off do you have to let it cool down before it can restart? do you still have a catalytic converter on it? i dont want to say "bad ECM" as i dont believe theres a way to test it. but if you knew someone that had one you could swap it out. another friend i talk to says if nothing else make sense on these TBIs then replace the ECM but i dont want to say that unless youve swapped it and the newer one works
I have an O2 coming tomorrow and if this doesn’t work then my next step is to swap out the ECM because the signal wire isn’t getting the correct voltage
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:42 PM
I'm here for the party

could it be a poor connection at the ECM?
Old June 18th, 2019, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Connection? As in where all the wires are plugged in?
Old June 19th, 2019, 12:50 AM
I'm here for the party

yes, take it apart inspect and put it back together
Old June 19th, 2019, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

yes, take it apart inspect and put it back together
I looked at the wires for my O2 sensor connector and they are all black, so I took out the ECM and I only saw one black wire going to it, just my luck the clips that hold the connector pins in are missing so I couldn't get it out. I'm going to try again tomorrow to see if I can ohm that wire out to see if its a bad connection in the actual signal wire. so basically I've narrowed down, with the key turned on the wire is reading a (.17) so I need to figure out why I am not getting (.5 v) to the wire. I know that sounds simple but it has taken me a month of every day looking and finding to get to this point.
Old June 20th, 2019, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

My O2 sensor was bad and I replaced it out and it’s operating perfect, I tested it with a voltmeter to be sure. Still didn’t fix my issue, surging idle until it eventually chokes itself out.