S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1996 gmc jimmy 4.3 vortec misfire

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2018, 3:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geo1
What grade plug wires did you install?sounds like you have stray spark,I would use a spray bottle with water in it,slowly spray plug wires when it's behaving,try to get it to misfire,or take a peak under hood with limited light,look for arcing at plug wires
I will do that I also unplugged tps sensor and I wouldn’t even run so I plugged it back in then unplugged the CTs sensor and it ran but with high idle then after that the computer threw a code for both of them. I’m thinking it’s either the coil or the cap or wires. The wires and cap and rotor are duralast gold (autozone) plugs are oe ac Delco
Old October 23rd, 2018, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geo1
What grade plug wires did you install?sounds like you have stray spark,I would use a spray bottle with water in it,slowly spray plug wires when it's behaving,try to get it to misfire,or take a peak under hood with limited light,look for arcing at plug wires
problem solved it was a faulty dist cap jumping spark internally thank you for your time