S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

1998 s10 2.2

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2019, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 s10 2.2

New to forum and looking for some help. Here is what I have. I have a 98 s10 2.2 and Ive been driving the truck for years with no issue. The other day I went to get in it and it would just turn over and not start. I had it towed home and I checked the fuel pressure and had none. So i checked the fuses associated and swapped the fuel pump relay with the horn relay and still the same thing. The relay didnt click and the pump obviously didnt turn on. So I replaced the pump and cleaned the ground from the fuel neck and the one under the back left fender. Well low and behold I went to start it and the pump didnt cut on and I have the same thing. I started doing some research and figured out that one terminal has battery voltage constantly, one is the grey wire going to the pump, one is a ground, and the other receives battery voltage for a few seconds when the key is on and cranking. So I decided I would try to jump the relay and the pump cut on. Im not sure if I blew the ecm b fuse while i was jumping stuff but it was blown. I changed and it fired right up. I drove it for a few days and then it wouldnt start again. So i jumped the relay and drove it home. Since then I have determined the following. The terminal that is supposed to get battery voltage when the key is turned on is only getting 4.8 to 5 volts. However, the green wire with white stripe from the computer pin 8, that goes to that terminal of the relay, is reading 12 volts. I have checked all the fuses, including the ecm b this time. I also determined that the 12 volts at the computer drops to 0 after 3 or 4 seconds which I think it's supposed to do. But, the voltage on the other end of that wire stays at 4.8 to 5 and never drops unless the key is turned off. Also in a continuity check from the wire from the computer to the relay, i only get continuity when the key is on otherwise nothing. I know thats a lot and hopefully it makes sense to someone because I dont know where to go from here. Thanks