S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2.2 chevy s10 no power, bogs down

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2018, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.2 chevy s10 no power, bogs down

I have read a lot of threads about the 2.2 bogging down when the acccelator gets about half throttle. I my self had one come to my shop the I have worked off and on for about a year per customer. I replaced just about everything like everyone else has. The other day I was working on it and had my scanner hooked up and trying to figure what I missed. then as I was scolling through screen I noticed the spark advance was arratic. So I gambled and checked the timing chain and found that the timing chain tentioner had broken pieces . so I replaced the timing chain and tentioner and put it back together and it fixed all the issues with idling and smell of raw fuel . It ran excellent. Maybe this can help someone with the same issues I was having. The cost for parts were about $100.00 . Hope this helps someone out there .
Old August 30th, 2018, 3:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by paulirv1962
I have read a lot of threads about the 2.2 bogging down when the acccelator gets about half throttle. I my self had one come to my shop the I have worked off and on for about a year per customer. I replaced just about everything like everyone else has. The other day I was working on it and had my scanner hooked up and trying to figure what I missed. then as I was scolling through screen I noticed the spark advance was arratic. So I gambled and checked the timing chain and found that the timing chain tentioner had broken pieces . so I replaced the timing chain and tentioner and put it back together and it fixed all the issues with idling and smell of raw fuel . It ran excellent. Maybe this can help someone with the same issues I was having. The cost for parts were about $100.00 . Hope this helps someone out there .
Thanks! I'm sure someone will have that same issue.