S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2000 Chevy Blazer looses power and/or stalls

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2011, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Chevy Blazer looses power and/or stalls

My Chevy (S-10) Blazer a 2000, v6, 2wd, 2 door

It started by just loosing power while driving for second like a plug was missing. Then it moved to loosing power completely for a couple of seconds while driving but not stall. Then it went to loosing power for multiple seconds while driving but I could usually coarst and power would come back. At this point if it was setting and idling then at random it would just stall like the key had been turned off. Now it won't start except for every once in awhile when the planets align properly. It is throwing no codes.
I have replaced the fuel pump and filter twice. The fuel pressure checked and good on startup and running. Plugs, wires, the whole distributor and ignition control module has been replaced. Cap, rotor, distributor, ingition module tested good, coil tested good, crank shaft position sensor replaced.

Please help. I'm not sure where to go next.
Old March 12th, 2011, 3:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2000 blazer exact same motor and all same problem

My blazer is doing the samething. Except it is still starting and when at idle there is a loud rattle from the truck, and it hasnt died yet but it sure acts like its going to. It has no power at all I have changed everything that you have changed from your post. Its not throwing any codes. Any help is appreciated I am going crazy. I am wondering if it could be the cat stopped up and restricting the air flow just a guess
Old March 12th, 2011, 5:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A lot of times what gets missed is grounding points. I'd make sure all three ground cables from the battery are making good and tight contact with the grounding points. Another thing, I realize the cylinder compression tests are a pain but sometimes there's no way to avoid them. Also, try starting it with the MAF sensor unplugged.
Old June 4th, 2011, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default blazer power loss

ive run across this problem 2 times and both ended up being a faulty coil. they acted like they were working but turned up they were not fireing as constant as they should, the first i replaced cap, rotor plugs, module, wires. still had the problem. finally in a shot in the dark i had a gut feel of the coil. i replaced it and it ran fine. the second was intertwined with a leaking lower throttlebody gasket. i repaired the throttlebody leak, solved part of the problem but still had sputtering and shutting off, and random lack of power. i tested fuel pressure and replaced vacuum lines ect. i for a split second caught no spark, swapped the coil and no more problems. Most people wait untill the coil gos out, i would recoment replacing the old coil weather or not its acting up, at 50,000 or 75,000 miles the old ones are problbly not at peak performance anyways.