S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2002 S-10 crewcab, boosted in cold and no power

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2013, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 S-10 crewcab, boosted in cold and no power

Hello, here's the situation. I had a very cold night -36 C and my truck would not turn over. I boosted it with my pathfinder and it turned over but would not fire. It clunked a few times like the starter was missing. I cleaned my terminals, the charger reads that my battery is charged. I tried it again and got no power at all. With just the key in, all of my dashlights dimly flickered even with the key not turned at all. It has no power to anything, (clock, dome lights or anything anymore) and obviously will not click, turn over or anything anymore. I checked the fuses under the hood in the fuse box and all the fuses here seem to be good. Any ideas what to check next would be great.

Thanks
Old January 26th, 2013, 8:09 PM
Former Sponsor

The battery probably doesn't have enough cold cranking amps to turn over the motor when cold.
Old January 27th, 2013, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

The problem is, I had it hooked up to my other vehicle with the booster cables while my other vehicle was running and still no power at all to the truck. As well, with the cables off the charger reads fully charged
Old January 30th, 2013, 8:27 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sjacoby
The problem is, I had it hooked up to my other vehicle with the booster cables while my other vehicle was running and still no power at all to the truck. As well, with the cables off the charger reads fully charged
Ok I fixed it. There was a fusible link underneath the battery holder. I tightened this up and all was back to normal