S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

2004 Blazer engine hot, no acceleration

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2018, 2:53 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Blazer engine hot, no acceleration

When driving my 2004 Chevy Blazer, the engine gets hot (does not indicate on gauge) and there is a lack of power. The engine starts fine, does not rough idle. My mechanic told me I needed a new MAF at some point. Of course, it's a weekend, I have to drive 30 miles for medical treatment daily, etc.). When I accelerated while on cruise control, the engine sounded like (what one guy I read about described) "as an airplane engine". I later noticed there was no power when I accelerated. The engine hasn't died on me, (yet). When I got home after the 30 mile drive, I noticed the engine was hotter than it should have been. After the car cools down, I only have to drive a few blocks for it to get hot. I took off the MAF and used Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner and reinstalled it. That did not help. I live in a small town with 1 mechanic and he's closed. Even if I could find one somewhere on a Sat., I'm afraid to drive it due to the engine getting so hot. I'm a woman in desperate need of advice. Thanks for any help you can provide!