S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

86 S-10 Driver side door latch issues

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2010, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 S-10 Driver side door latch issues

Awhile back the door outright stopped opening all together while my wife was out shopping one day. She called me to let me know that she was having to go in and out of the passenger door. When she returned home I fixed the problem, the connecting rod from the interior latch had disconnected from the release. I simply put it back in where it belonged, although I have to admit while I have spent plenty of time working on things like Detroit Diesels and Cummins engines doors, locks and latches are not my forte so I assume where I put it is where it belonged based on what I looked up online.

Now a few weeks later we started having some problems with the latch again only this time instead of disconnecting it still opens only you have to work the latch upwards of 10 times to get the door to open from the inside. From the outside it works fine. While inside you can work it several times and the door will pop about 1/2 unlocked and after a few more tries it will pop the rest of the way.