S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

94 chevy s10 electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2014, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 94 chevy s10 electrical problem

Hello i have a 1994 Chevy S10 4x4 Z motor and manual trans.
About a week ago my truck started doing a hard start on every start i thought i would just get a new battery when i could and that would fix it. Then this week i left my lights on for about 30 min after turning off the truck, someone told me about it and i went and turned the lights off and thought i should start the truck to let her charge the battery, when i did everything electrical in the cab of the truck went hay wire the battery light, the radio lights, the overhead light all started flickering at a rapid pace and the alternator gauge started bouncing from 14 to about 18-19 rapidly. So i turned the truck off waited a min and restarted her and this time the pace of the lights and gauge was even faster so i turned her off again i thought i would try a third time and found the battery was completely dead. I then checked and cleaned all ground connections to and from the battery and had the battery and alternator tested which both check out good, so i replaced the battery for fear of a bad cell even tho it checked good. The new battery seamed to have fixed the problem for the past two days but now has started the flickering lights again but only for a few seconds upon start up but not every start up i can tell when its going to do the flickering if the start up is rough/delayed.
Plz help i love my lil truck and im at the end of what i can think to do.
Old April 4th, 2014, 10:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I would check my battery cables at both ends for good tight connections without corrosion. Sounds like a bad connection or bad ground.
Old April 5th, 2014, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply. In the original description i had put that "i checked and cleaned all ground connections to and from the battery". I meant to put that had checked and cleaned all ground and power connections to and from the battery, no corrosion or visibly noticeable shorts in the length of the wires either.