S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

94 s10 ventilation problem

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2014, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 94 s10 ventilation problem

Make chevy
-Model and Year s10 94
-Drivetrain Layout 2WD
-Engine Size 2.2 liter/4cyl
-Body Style , regular ls model pickup no sidesteps, crewcab or extra doors

My truck made a weird noise and it started to sound like something was rubbing against the blower motor fan and it started to smell like it was burning. airconditioning went out on me. there was also no circulation for vent, heater or defroster. I replaced the blower motor and there was a lil cardboard flyer stuck in it. I installed the new blower motor it made a noise and the problem stayed the same (minus the rubbing noise and burn smell). I replaced a broken fuse in the dash and now I can hear a hissing noise from the airconditioner and vent. It blows out a little air now but when the air is on it is not cold air (before the problem the air seemed to blow out slightly cold air and not cold air like it should have been doing). I cannot hear any click when I turn on the defroster either.
I hope that I have explained my problem right, if not I can answer any questions you have. I really need help fixing this and I am at a loss. only thing I can think of is water pump and thermostat being the problem. I live in florida so have to have a working defroster.
thank you very much for your time.
Brad