95 Blazer w/boiling coolant - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

95 Blazer w/boiling coolant

Old August 12th, 2018, 6:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default 95 Blazer w/boiling coolant

I've got a 95 Blazer 4.3. Replaced the water pump, themostat, lower radiator hose and cap. Still runs hot, but after replacing the cap twice, the coolant boils whenever the temp goes above 210. Seems like a pressure issue, but I don't know where to check at this point Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old August 12th, 2018, 8:19 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Michael Maxwell View Post
I've got a 95 Blazer 4.3. Replaced the water pump, themostat, lower radiator hose and cap. Still runs hot, but after replacing the cap twice, the coolant boils whenever the temp goes above 210. Seems like a pressure issue, but I don't know where to check at this point Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Might want to flush out the entire cooling system incluing the radiator. Use a 50/50 coolant mix I am guessing so thats not an issue. Any bubbles coming out the the radiator at the cap?
Old August 12th, 2018, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks, but no bubbles...

Thanks for the reply. I am using 50/50 only. Figured I would use concentrate and DI water when the problem is fixed.

I'm not seeing any bubbles from the cap or around the filler neck. Even though I've replaced the thermostat I might swap it out again.
Old August 13th, 2018, 8:28 AM
CF Monarch

Can you squeeze the top radiator hose when it heats up, and feel if it has circulation? That would identify or eleminate the tstat.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: