S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

98 chev blazer - i only get heat from the vents!

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2017, 9:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 chev blazer - i only get heat from the vents!

There are a few things that i am having issues with. #1 only heat in vents. doesnt matter where you have it set. the temp dial doesnt seem to work either. this is on going issue two years now.
this past winter the vac booster went out and had to be replaced. ( not much fun in a 98).

# the 4x4 does not engage. the push button only stay lit while holding it. this started 2-3 years ago. sometimes it work some times it didnt. it would also shift itself into 4 low as well as shift out when it felt like it. i recently learned this too could be vac related.

#3 last month i did my front brakes. took like and hour and a half. left dome light on. when done blazer wouldnt turn over. the switch was completely dead. i check connection. i heard a faint click. but still dead. got 5 second jump and now my auto headlight no longer work. i dont know where to start looking.

any pointers or advice would be great. i am a single mom with full time job, and no "spare" money. my grandfather taught me about cars. while i am a semi-decent mechanic and keep my car going. these issues are out of my realm.

thank you for your time . Have a great day. God bless you

Sincerely

Sherrie Mendoza