S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

99 s-10 gauge cluster problems

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2009, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 s-10 gauge cluster problems

I just recently picked up a 99 s-10. I will go out and start it and everything will be fine one day. Then i will start it later and the security light, abs light, low fuel light, battery light, and parking brake light are all on and the temp gauge and fuel gauge dont work then i shut it off and the security light stays on then after a few minutes the security light goes off and the high beams light comes on but the headlights are not on. I put a scanner on it and it doesnt bring up any codes. The truck runs just fine. Someone has cobbled a motor in this thing before and did a pretty shaddy job so i dont know if my problem is under the hood somewhere or under the dash. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you
Old August 12th, 2009, 6:43 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

It may just be that your battery terminal is corroded. If you have a high resistance ground, your gauges are the first to go crazy.
Old August 12th, 2009, 7:57 PM
CF Beginner

battery cables are good ive taken off every ground i can find and cleaned it real well.
Old October 12th, 2009, 1:51 AM
CF Junior Member

did you look behind the cluster to make sure the cluster is connected properly? it could be just a loose connection causing it to go haywire and such. thats just my 2 cents but who knows.
Old October 12th, 2009, 8:01 AM
CF Beginner

ya i took the cluster out to see if i could see anything wrong behind it but everything seemed fine. im guessing the cluster is just junk but i dont know a whole lot about these trucks. if i pull the rdo batt fuse out when it does it then put it back in it usually fixes it for awhile. atleast i can pull that fuse out when i shut the truck off and it doesnt drain the battery.