S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

99 trailblazer 4.3L auto - Engine lugs upon acceleration after startup – every time

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2016, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 trailblazer 4.3L auto - Engine lugs upon acceleration after startup – every time

I have a 99 blazer with the trailblazer package. 4.3L, auto, 195K.

I've put 30K on the vehicle since I bought it two years ago and ever since I've had it, for a period of anywhere from a couple of minutes to 5+ minutes after startup the engine will idle fine but when I put it into gear and press the gas pedal the vehicle just bogs down and will not accelerate, for the entire range of the gas pedal. It tries to accelerate the most as it's bogging down when I barely, I mean barely feather the gas pedal, rather than throughout the rest of its range. I've noticed that when this occurs upon startup, if I have the A/C on and I turn it off, the car still momentarily bogs down, but it doesn't remain bogged down for as long as if the A/C were to remain turned on, before returning to normal and accelerating upon pressing the pedal. The same thing occurs with just the vent turned on as well.

Once the blazer has returned to normal and I can accelerate, it acts fine until I stop somewhere and turn the engine off, whether that somewhere be down the road, or across town once the engine has reached operating temperature. Once I start the engine again, the same problem described above occurs again.

Please, any input or assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I thank you in advance for your reply.