S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

99 Trailblazer - all transfer case lights on switch stay lit including neutral light

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2017, 10:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Trailblazer - all transfer case lights on switch stay lit including neutral light

When I bought the truck the TCCM was taken out of the kick panel and was sitting in glove box. It had obvious signs of being taken apart. I plugged it in to see what state things were in - truck drives fine without it, is in 2wd.

After plugging it in I notice that all lights on the switch light up and stay lit (including neutral) even though it's definitely in 2wd. When I turn on ignition, lights turn on, TCCM clicks then 4wd trouble light lights in dash. Checked connections on TCCM and the dash switches - TCCM was fine, noticed that one of connectors on the transfer case switch was intermittent though (when moving it one of the switch lights would flicker) - so took switch apart resoldered the posts - that got rid of the intermittent flicker.

Not sure where to go with this next in troubleshooting and am hoping there is something definitive when all transfer case lights remain on. Pressing any of the buttons on the switch does not result in any response/action/changes. Any help troubleshooting this would be appreciated I'm hoping to avoid a trial and error parts replacement if possible.