S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Blazer 93 S10 Tahoe question

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2006, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blazer 93 S10 Tahoe question

Hi

I had my radiator change 2 days ago and apparently during the exchange a grounding cable came loose and this cause a few problems before me noticing and fixing it, my Anti-lock and Brake lights came on in my dash board so I tried erasing it using the (leave the car battery all night unplugged method) so this didn't work, A friend told me it involves using some key sequences involving leaving the car keys in the ignition and plug and unplug something he's not sure about my car.
Anyways I am a newbie involving car electronics but I service the car myself from the tune-ups to the brakes and even the suspension but don't know much involving the car electronics computer stuff... Does anyone know how to reset the computer of my car or erase these codes??

My truck is a Chevy blazer s10 Tahoe 4WD Vortec 4.3 engine and everything’s runs ok, but because of the grounding short I got the anti-lock and brake lights on...
Old June 30th, 2009, 8:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs light brake light on constant

hi i have to s series chevy truck both 4wd both have the same problem abs and brake light is on the codes are stored in the abs module itself the only way to clear them in with a tec2 gm scanner or equivalent i think the cause of ur problem may not have been the ground at all but bad fluid once u have the codes cleared check the fluid if its dirty flush the system with fresh clean fluid this is a known problem with these trucks the dirty fluid does not flow well when its contaminated i think this will fix your problem hope this helps