S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Blazer died, now runs.

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2009, 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blazer died, now runs.

My daughter took her 2001 blazer 225 miles away to college, was there for 2 weeks and was coming home friday for the weekend, she was 70 miles from home when it died as she was getting off on a ramp, i looked a few things over before putting it on the trailer, it is getting fuel to the engine as i pushed in on the valve on the fuel line. got home late so i waited till morning to look it over, battery was low from her trying to start it so i charged battery, battery conections were a pretty dirty, cleaned conections and reconected battery and blazer started right up. not sure how charged the battery was when the vehicle died, she was using a/c, radio, had cell phone plugged in and the normal electrical items, is it possible that the battery conection was bad enuff that the alternator couldn't keep up with everything and when the engine slowed down to exit the highway the ignition system was starved for power and engine died, just a thought. fuel pump is about 4 months old and i replaced #6 injector 3 weeks ago, any suggestions is appreciated, thanks, Russell
Old August 30th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id start by getting the codes from the vehicles computer to narrow it down. If you can get it to a auto parts store most of them will read the codes for free for you. We can help you with the meanings of the codes if you like. Is/was the check engine light or service engine light on at all when it was running?
Old August 30th, 2009, 11:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Might have been the fuel pump going out. Wee see that a lot.
Its also possible as you said that the corroded terminal caused it.
Old August 31st, 2009, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

The check engine light was not on, i have a scanner and checked it anyway and there were no codes,
Old August 31st, 2009, 1:07 PM
Super Moderator
ROTM Coordinator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, maybe the fuel pump or something electrical. Keep us updated if you find out more.
Old September 8th, 2009, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

I let my daughter take my pickup back to college for a week and i drove the blazer to work for a week, 30 min each way drive and had no problems all week, she came home for holiday weekend and drove blazer all weekend, not going farther than about 30 min trips. she left monday night and got 1.25 hours from home and it died and would not start, we went to rescue her, when i got there it took a few min but started, i let it run for a few min and shut it off, tried to restart and nothing, it would turn over but not start, it was not showing any codes, it has good fuel pressure but won't start, could it be something that quits when it get too hot? like an elctronic part or coil? Thanks, Russell