S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Blazer gas gage issue

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2006, 1:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blazer gas gage issue

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and I apologize if my question is in the wrong spot. You'll also have to forgive me if I don't explain myself very well - I'm not good with cars at all.

Okay my problem is this: today I got in my 99 Blazer ZR2 and the gas thing was just under 1/4 of a tank...I went to the store and back wich was a total of about 2 miles. When I got back I turned the truck off for a couple of minutes, then when I started it to leave again my gas gauge was all the way down at nothing. I went back to the store and put $15 in and the gauge went to 1/2 a tank, then when I pulled out of the parking lot it dropped down to 1/8 of a tank. I drove it home (about 10 min) and during that time it slowly went back up to 1/2 tank. During this entire time I wasn't on any hills or anthing like that. Its never done this before...is this something I should be concerned with? I know my clutch fan needs to be replaced and it kept overheating today - does this have anything to do with it?

Thanks so much!
Aerin
Old May 2nd, 2006, 10:33 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blazer gas gage issue

i think its just a chevy thing. its because the gas is mesuered in the tank by a float. so when the gas moves around in the tank the float bobs around and isnt always the most acuate. theres not much you can do about it. it will do the same thing if you take a corner to hard. you will get used to it after a while