S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Blazer heater/AC issue

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2006, 2:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blazer heater/AC issue

Hey all,

I posted a few days ago about my 99 Blazer's gas gauge and it tured out to be no big deal but I wanted to give thanks for the reassurance anyways.

Okay so I have another problem. I'm sorry this story's kinda long but I don't want to leave out any important parts: so I bought my truck almost a year ago and when I got it my heater worked fine but I had a problem with my AC. Whenever I had it on, and the truck wasn't moving, it would overheat. So I took it back to the dealer and he replaced my thermostat. About a week after that I noticed it was having the same problem but my wauranty was up so I didn't think he would fix it again, and then fall came so I didn't use the AC anymore, so I kind of just forgot about it. A couple of months ago the heater stopped working too. Now if its cold outside, the heater and AC will only blow cold air, and if its hot outside, they'll only blow hot air. And the truck overheats a little. Once the temp gauge gets to about 230, if its cold out, hot air will usually start to come out but only enough to cool itself off and then it gets cold again. My boyfriend went back to the dealer and he said it was due to the same issue so yesterday he put in a new clutch fan. The only difference thats made is it overheats even more now. The worst part is, if its blowing cold air and it overheats there's no way for me to turn the heat on to get the heat off the engine so I have to pull over and let it cool off. I'm definately going to call the dealer back but I'm getting the feeling he doesn't really know whats going on and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas that I could relay to him. Sorry for sucha long post and I appreciate the help!

Also I don't know if this makes a difference or not but the new clutch fan is incredibly loud. Its waaay louder than the engine and the only way I can describe it is kind of like a loud whooshing sound. Then it stops after you hit 3rd gear.

Thanks!
Aerin
Old February 16th, 2007, 11:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blazer heater/AC issue

ur radiator isn't plugged up is it? if so ur heater core may also be plugged up. ur water pump may also be going out. to check the heater core after its up to operating temp touch both of the heater core hoses to see if they r hot if not then it's plugged up.