S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

S10 Blazer Heater core

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2009, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S10 Blazer Heater core

I have been having troubles getting out the heater core on a 2001 Blazer. I've gotten the dash back to uncover the whole heat/ac module, now how do I get the engine side bolt off? I can't seem to fit my hand in there. Is there a trick to it?
Old February 21st, 2009, 7:54 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

.....good luck man....

1. <LI type=1>On vehicles with automatic climate control only, cut the outer layer of the A/C evaporator and blower module in order to access the service access cover.

2. On vehicles with automatic climate control only, remove the service access cover mounting screws (1).
  3. On vehicles with automatic climate control only, remove the service access cover (2).
  4. On vehicles without automatic climate control, remove the blower motor resistor. Important: Mark and use the same mounting bolt for the heater/vent module during the installation process. Other mounting bolts are longer and will obstruct the operation of the temperature door.
  5. Remove the heat/vent module mounting bolt through the blower motor resistor or service access cover opening.

6. On vehicles with A/C only, remove the right wheel house panel.
  7. On vehicles with A/C only, raise and support vehicle.
  8. On vehicles with A/C only, remove the front right tire.
  9. On the Utility only, remove the A/C evaporator and blower module heat shield screws.
  10. On the Utility only, slide the A/C evaporator and blower module heat shield toward the front of the vehicle.
  11. Remove the 2 lower heat/vent module mounting nuts.
  12. On the Utility only, remove the A/C evaporator and blower module heat shield bracket.
  13. Remove the bottom right heat/vent module mounting bolt from inside the vehicle. Important: The heat/vent mounting stud has a flange on the inside and cannot be removed from under the hood. Stop turning the stud after the threads are off the heat/vent module.
  14. On the Utility only, while an assistant inside the vehicle pulls the bottom right corner of the heat/vent module approximately 2.5 mm (1 in) back, remove the 2 heat/vent module mounting studs.
  15. On vehicles with A/C only, lower the vehicle.

16. On vehicles with a 2.2 L engine only, remove the engine wiring harness bracket located at the rear of the intake manifold.
  17. Remove the HVAC module mounting bolt located at the lower left side of the heater core to heater hose connection.
  18. Remove the HVAC module mounting nut located at the lower right side of the heater core to heater connection. Important: The heat/vent mounting stud has a flange on the inside and cannot be removed from under the hood. Stop turning the stud after the threads are off the heat/vent module.
  19. On the Utility only, loosen the HVAC module mounting studs until the threads are free from the heat/vent module.
  20. Disconnect all of the electrical connectors from the HVAC module.
  21. Disconnect all of the vacuum lines from the heater assembly.
  22. Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core.
  23. Remove the HVAC module from the vehicle.

Last edited by shawnvw; February 21st, 2009 at 7:59 AM.
Old February 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

I think I've bitten off more than I can chew.
Old February 21st, 2009, 9:16 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Its definately not an easy job.
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:29 PM
CF Beginner

I decided to call it quits. Thanks for the information.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Anyone know about the smog pump on the same vehicle?