S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

BRAKE LINES

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRAKE LINES

I need some help. My brake line rusted through on the drivers side. Is this an easy fix? What size line? Do I need to replace more then the lines?

Old October 28th, 2008, 10:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BRAKE LINES

Where is is rusted thru? If it's a relatively short line like the one that runs from your master cylinder to your rubber brake hose, then yes, it's a fairly easy job. Just remove the one that's on the truck and take it with you to your closest Autozone or Advance or what ever parts store you trade with. They can match the size for you and sell you a piece to replace it with. You will need a tubing bender as the lines are very easy to crimp if you don't know what you're doing. The key is to take your time. Don't worry if it looks exactly like the old one. As long as it works, esthetics are not important. You'll also need a bottle of brake fluid to replace what you've lost. Take a good look at all of your lines. If one is rusty, they may all be. As long as you're going to get dirty doing one, you may consider replacing others that look suspicious.