S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Can anyone help please? I just seafoamed my 02' blazer xtreme and now it won't idle

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help please? I just seafoamed my 02' blazer xtreme and now it won't idle

Hi thanks for reading...

I have a 2002 blazer xtreme(4.3l vortec obviously) that was running just fine and then I ran seafoam thru it, thru the brake booster. Started it up after the 15 min of waiting and it ran fine while revving it, then when i stopped the revving it just died.

it would only stay idle if I am giving it gas or it will die

so I changed all 6 plugs and wires, and put a new pcv valve in as well. it started up and idled rough(from remaining seafoam I would assume) but I didnt need to give it gas for it to stay ildle. I let it run for 5 min then turned it off.

15 min later I went to start it again to go "drive off" the remaining seafoam and it would not stay idle again without dying unless I gave it gas.

Has anyone had this problem before??? any answers??? suggestions???

thanks for your help,

frustrated seafoam user lol
Old July 28th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u might have put too much in there..is it smoking white? if it still is then theres still some seafoam in there.. i would let it run awhile... mine acted liek it was gonna die but i drove it aroudn the block a few times and it smoothed out.
Old July 28th, 2010, 5:07 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Did the same thing to my wifes mini van , just drive it till the white smoke is gone..also make sure you put the vacuum line back on if that is how you seafoamed it...
Old July 28th, 2010, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

i deff made sure the vacuum line(brake booster) was properly connected after. I cant drive it because it wont stay idle so I cant even put it in gear. Yes white/lightish blue smoke poured out for a min or 2 when I was revving it then once i stopped revving it, it just died out. so then i changed the plugs, it idled on its own for 5 min so I turned it off to get outta my grease clothes so i could sit in my car and drive the rest of the seafoam off, but when I went to re-start it 5 min later, same issue, wouldnt idle on its own. ran a scanner on it yesterday it said random misfires from all cylinders p300 or something was the code. maybe the 5 min it ran it fouled my new plugs again??? im gunna take them out(what a bitch) clean them and see if this helps

Last edited by hulkup; July 28th, 2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old July 29th, 2010, 6:20 AM
CF Beginner

I would say the seafoam blew a head gasket on you possibly. I ran it into an intake a while back to clean it out and that plan back fired when the seafoam made my car pop really loud and blew the head gasket out. (was fine before this) I would suggest a compression test on your cylinders to see if you can find one with a low PSI, I no longer use seafoam because of this, It irritated me that the gasket blew.
Old July 29th, 2010, 9:16 AM
Administrator

before we start jumping to too many ideas why were you seafoaming to begin with?

Have you gone back and checked to make sure all the plug wires are in the trigh place and harnessed correctly so as not to cause cross-firing.

The seafoam is not likely to foul the plugs itself but it can dislodge stuff that can cause hard starting and poor idle until its burned out....it will turn the carbon into a soupy goo that needs to be burned out right away and not allowed to sit and re solidify....

if you can start it again I'd try holding the throttle open a bit to keep the revs up and get the system purged of the seaform and what it has washed loose....
Old July 29th, 2010, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

why because it is supposed to make your car run better..... * cough *cough BS

quadruple checked all plugs and wires and all that, they are fine
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hulkup
why because it is supposed to make your car run better..... * cough *cough BS
it worked for me lol
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Administrator

the reason I ask is if you were experiencing problems prior to the seafoaming and were trying to address them by cleaning the upper engine there could be other problems at hand...
if it was running okay prior to the seafoam and now its not then it would be easier to focus on what has changed or been impacted by the seafoaming...

it may be worth checking the fuel pressure....
check the the idle air control valve...
check the throttle plate for sticking open....