S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Cannot get brake pedal on 2003 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2017, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannot get brake pedal on 2003 Blazer

I recently purchased a 2 door 2003 blazer that needed all new brake lines which I did. I tried bleeding them the regular way and get little to nothing. I proceeded to try and gravity bleed them over a course of three days in my shop and not a drop came out. I then hooked a hand pump to the bleeder screw, I do get fluid coming out, but so many air bubbles also like to the point of getting nowhere. I also bled the master cylinder for about 40 pumps while still in the truck and it seemed as if it was working. Last thing i did was to hookup my snap on scanner to it to run a test on the abs to activate the abs and it did activate it as I heard it and i did the test three times and still no change. The pedal will not even apply the tinniest amount of stopping force. My last idea is that the master cylinder is bad and not pumping enough fluid? Any ideas before i dump more money into, this one really has me stumped
Old August 20th, 2017, 5:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

If the MC won't bench bleed, you have that as an, and maybe the only issue. Standard bleeding is such for the MC, bleed it, then install it. Go the the furthest wheel, start from there.
Old August 20th, 2017, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the master cylinder was bleeding as when I put the two lines in the fluid was moving, but when I took the fittings off only one port dripped fluid and it was barely anything at all. Does this mean the master it bad?
Old August 20th, 2017, 7:02 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

You should have a closed loop, or fittings that fit in the MC, hand pump it and bleed the valves open slightly till you get no air bubbles. I've done this on bench, and on car, same thing, same procedure less the bleed valves on the MC, which should have come with the new MC. If you are getting air across the MC regardless of on bench or installed, I'd say you have a problem in the seal of the MC, so, yes, it is bad