S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Change spark plugs on 1992 S10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old September 25th, 2006, 12:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change spark plugs on 1992 S10 Blazer

I want to change the spark plugs on my 1992 S10 Blazer. I can't get to two because there is too much in the way. Does anyone know a trick to get to the right hand side plugs. Also, there are two with different caps on two of the plugs the back left one and the front right hand side one. Do they just pull off like the other ones?
Old October 13th, 2006, 3:10 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Change spark plugs on 1992 S10 Blazer

Andy, kinda late on seeing your post but, use a 3" extension and a stubby ratchet on #6 and #4, crack it free and remove the ratchet, using only the socket and extension 2 get it the rest of the way out. having trouble with the plug in #3 position? try removing the rubber gromet from inside your spark plug socket- the xtra depth it'll go in will help clear the collapsable steering shaft.just be XTRA careful installing the new plug as U can break the top of the plug quite easily. the plug wires on #1 and #6 R like that because of how the exhaust manifolds 'shroud' the plug from sight, and yes they all remove the same way-very,very carfully. good luck.
Old November 7th, 2014, 12:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default thank you!

Thanks so much for your answer been at #3 for 10 minutes and got so frustrated i googled lol. Now i know.
Originally Posted by 70mopar
Andy, kinda late on seeing your post but, use a 3" extension and a stubby ratchet on #6 and #4, crack it free and remove the ratchet, using only the socket and extension 2 get it the rest of the way out. having trouble with the plug in #3 position? try removing the rubber gromet from inside your spark plug socket- the xtra depth it'll go in will help clear the collapsable steering shaft.just be XTRA careful installing the new plug as U can break the top of the plug quite easily. the plug wires on #1 and #6 R like that because of how the exhaust manifolds 'shroud' the plug from sight, and yes they all remove the same way-very,very carfully. good luck.
Old November 15th, 2015, 6:29 PM
CF Junior Member

When I did mine I took the tires off. The #3 plug is a bearcat. Here's one way to get it out. Go get some rachet extensions with wobble ends. Put the socket on the plug and stick the extension on the socket as much as you and and try to loosen with a ratchet. If it's not too tight you should be able to get it loose. My Blazer had 165K on it so I don't ever plan on doing the plugs again.