S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Chevy S10 Auto Transmission Problem!

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2008, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy S10 Auto Transmission Problem!

Hey all. I have a 2000 Chevy S10 4x4 4.3L V6 Vortec. The automatic transmission is going out on me. What are the possibilities of converting to a manual transmission? Labor aside. And or finding a new auto transmission over a rebuilt one? Would appreciate any advice.

Mark from Bellingham, WA.
Old March 31st, 2008, 9:58 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Chevy S10 Auto Transmission Problem!

Well, you will have to replace the computer, put in different transmission mounts and figure out how to mount the bracket. You'll have to put in a clutch and pedal... probably better to buy a manual S10... I'll check on the availibility of a brand new s-10 trans tomorrow when I have time.
Old April 5th, 2008, 11:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Chevy S10 Auto Transmission Problem!

I can tell you from the perspective of a 91 240 sx. You have to get the transmission, computer, different mount, and also a shorter driveshaft, a clutch master, and slave while your at it. Drill a hole in the fire wall to put the clutch master, a brake pedal and clutch pedal. There might be more. It would be great if it is a project car or if you have another car to drive while this one gets worked out, but if it is your only car it can get difficult. It might be simplier with a blazer I have only helped and seen some one do it to a 240sx.