S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Chevy S10 Fuel Problems

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2009, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy S10 Fuel Problems

Well, I bought this truck from my grandfather.... its been in the family for awhile.... anyway, It's a Chevrolet Blazer S10 4X4, 2 door, 4.3 liter fuel injection, 6 cylinder. The body is in crappy shape, but that's cosmetic .
My problem is while it was sitting idly in my backyard, I had it running. It ran out of fuel, and since then i have put new fuel in it, now it wont start. It will crank until the battery dies but wont start up. I tried to use my grandfathers trick of starting it by putting fuel in the carb, it ran off the gas that i put in to start it and then quit. Grandfather tested it and it seems as though the fuel pump is getting the proper voltage. He just replaced the fuel pump, the gas tank and the gas lines. I have no clue what to do now and im about ready to throw the darn thing away. Any ideas?
Old December 3rd, 2009, 8:52 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What year is it? Just because the pump is new that does not mean it is good. Can you hear the pump run? What about the fuel filter?
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
What year is it? Just because the pump is new that does not mean it is good. Can you hear the pump run? What about the fuel filter?
sorry about that... its a 1988... understood about the pump. my grandfather changed the gas tank and the pump was bought for the truck.he too a gas tank from another car cause it was the same size. it's plastic.... not my idea so dont yell about it. he ended up resizing the hole for the fuel pump cause it was a hair smaller. i havent checked the fuel filter yet, but my ma who owned it for several years and just happens to be a mechanic, says to check it. and no i cant hear the pump run. grandfather who is an electrician tested to see if it got the proper voltage and it does
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have voltage and the pump does not run it needs a pump, regardless if it is new.