S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Desperately Seeking Advice

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2015, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperately Seeking Advice

1999 Chevy Blazer 4x4 4.3 Vortec

I have replaced the following parts:
Fuel filter
Distributor Cap
Rotor Button
Spark Plug Wires
Crank Shaft Sensor
Cam Shaft Sensor
Ignition Control Module x2
Oxygen Sensor
Battery
Coil Pack x3
Cleaned the throttle body, Idle Air Control Valve and EGR valve
Fuel Injector cleaner x2
Had fuel pressure tested and it tested perfectly.
Fuel pumps comes on, primes and shuts off

This morning it died on me and wouldn't start back up, went and got another coil pack because I wasn't getting any fire and it ran enough to get it home. The O2 sensor had came in the mail so I went ahead and put that on as well. Now when you are driving it spits and sputters and sometimes dies. It idles at .6 which is where it has always idled and from what I have researched is where it should be for this model. The engine is quiet and it does not blow black smoke, smell like rotten eggs, the cat does not glow red, the oil and transmission fluid both look and smell normal.
I am at a complete loss on how to go any further. There are no codes showing at this point. Before changing out the coil pack again, it would just die when coming to a stop light or if you left it sitting still and running.
But 3 coil packs in about a month and a half, something has to be messing them up. Also when I had the throttle body off I could see down inside the top of the motor where the spider injectors are and it was completely black inside except for a small gold spot to the right, which from what I've read means there is a fuel leak. Can anyone please give me some ideas on where to go from here?
I'm a single mother of 5 and just can not afford to put it in the shop.

Last edited by Farrah Elkins; September 12th, 2015 at 2:44 PM. Reason: To remove links
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your 4.3 L is equipped with CPFI then the injector pressure regulators is likely leaking and one more poppets sticking . replaces the injector asm. see