S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

This is driving me insane!!HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2006 | 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default This is driving me insane!!HELP!!!

Okay so i bought this S10 Blazer in June for 3500 . At the time it was a nice running ride. Drove it to kansas and back home to texas ran fine till i got 2 block from the house. Then it started just and almost stalling out. So i replaced the spark plugs with oem ac delco's new plug wires cap rotar. I also replaced the tps idle speed controll motor, air filter, fuel filter ,new oil ,iat sensor . still didnt run right so i took it into the shop , they said egr valve cloged had it cleand and put back on ran fine for 3 weeks then it started the slight rough idle . So i took it back into the shop . the did some test and found that i needed a nem mfi injecter set . had that done . still running poorly oh and i forgot to mention it was black smoking and loose gas mileage maybe if im lucky i get 180 to a tank . so again this time i take it to Chevy they said you need a new computer put in . SOOOOOO i had that done and what yeah your right still poor gas milage black smoking smelling rich . any i deas i vote for selling my problem to some one else unless i can get to the bottom of it for not much more money . by the way it is a

1995 S10 Blazer LT
Vortec V6 262 4.3lt
171000 miles
Old November 4th, 2006 | 12:49 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: This is driving me insane!!HELP!!!

Has it set any codes in it? It's hard to say without being thier to look at the data and stuff like that.
Old November 4th, 2006 | 2:16 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: This is driving me insane!!HELP!!!

Right after i put the computer in it set a p0113 IAT sensor but i replaced that sensor and had the code reset havent checked it yet was told to drive it around for a while and then take it back to be check for codes again .. will update post tomarrow when i have the codes checked again .. also i have been told that it takes 50 -100 miles once the computer has been replaced for all sensors to resync and adjust . is that ture . if so then im just prematurely over reacting .