S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

FREE resistors!!

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2021, 4:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default FREE resistors!!

I just did a hack to PERMANENTLY disable the Auto headlight feature on my 2000 S10, which req'd purchasing a 2200Ohm (2.2K) resistor(and is a very simple and quick job)...was only able to purchase the resistor in a 10 pak....As a way to thank this forum for ALL the handy advice/info, i am offering to US mail any Chevy Forum member one FREE, while supplies last, includ'n the postage stamp. just msg me pvt'ly w/yer US mail addy....this hack will work for all 99 and up S10/S15 or blazers where the light sensor is located in the dash speaker grille. You guys ROCK and THANK YOU!

PLEASE NOTE: I only have the 2.2K resistors..I included the instructions below for 98 owners as a courtesy only..
Automatic Headlights

Use a 680 Ohm, ½ watt resistor* to bypass the light sensor located on the passenger side dash in the speaker grille. Remove grill, disconnect sensor, insert resistor into plug, tape thoroughly, reinstall grille with connector underneath.

99+
Use a 2.2K Ohm, ½ watt resistor* to bypass the light sensor located on the passenger side dash in the speaker grille. Remove grill, disconnect sensor, insert resistor into plug, tape thoroughly, reinstall grille with connector underneath.

Last edited by hogbiker; September 2nd, 2021 at 4:50 PM.
Old September 10th, 2021, 8:25 AM
CF Active Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just n update.....this hack didnt work....when i tested the lights after using the resistor, it worked, seemingly.....but I only tested it when truck was in Park...never put it in gear....works when parked, but as SOON as ya go into a gear, BAM, them damn headlights came on, and had to use the old "press the overide button" 4 times method shut the suckers off....still will send out free, including the postage, the resistors I bought, if any 1 has another use fer them.....If ANYONE can tell me a SURE-FIRE way to PERMANTELY render the Auto headlight feature inoperable, I'd LOVE to hear it!!

Last edited by hogbiker; September 20th, 2021 at 8:48 AM.