S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Fuel Issue

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2009, 8:30 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Issue

Alright i'm having an issue on my 1999 Jimmy. About six months ago my fuel pump went out so I replaced it with a brand new ac delco fuel pump. The new pump came with a diffrent connector that I had to splice in place of the old connector.

Fast forward to yesterday. I get in my truck in the morning about to go to work, i turn the key and it just turns over, and over, and over. So I get out of the jimmy and turn the key to listen for the fuel pump hum. It doesn't hum at all. So today i started to work on it. The relay clicks and I even tried the ac relay that i know works and is the same relay but it still just turns over. So I tow the jimmy to my pole barn to work on it. I turn the key again just for sh*ts and giggles, and the fuel pump hums and the jimmy starts and runs fine. I shut it off to try it again but no hum and no start.

So i'm thinking the relay is good and the pump is good. I think one of the wires that I spliced may have came loose. I'm gonna drain and drop the tank today and check those connections. does anyone have any ideas on what else it could be?

Last edited by frickenbored; November 12th, 2009 at 8:33 AM.
Old November 14th, 2009, 4:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blown ground wire... other then that no idea..