S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Loss of fuel pressure after lower intake manifold replacement.

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2018, 6:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of fuel pressure after lower intake manifold replacement.

Greetings, After replacing a leaking LIM in my 2002 Blazer,. I now have no fuel pressure. I dont usually just start randomly replacing parts, so I have a couple of troubleshooting type questions.The fuel pump works fine, but the fuel seems to flow directly from the supply line to the return line. If I prime the throttle, the engine starts and runs fine for a few brief seconds.

1. Would a fuel pressure regulator freeze up without fuel being in it for a couple of weeks? This was how long the project took and the regulator was just sitting on my workbench while I did the repair (which took a while because of my work schedule).

2. I did blow compressed air through the spider assembly to blow out any "gunk", but I only used about 50 psi. I cannot imagine that doing any damage, but I am at a loss at to what is going on.

3. If I connect one end of each of the fuel lines to the spider, and blow into the open end of the supply line, I can feel air come out the open end of the return line. Is this normal or indicative of a faulty fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks in advance for any help..