S-10 & Blazer 1982-2005
The S-10 and Blazer was arguably the most versatile and accessorizable mid-size truck and SUV on the market.
Platform: S/T-series & GMT 330

Modding my S-10?

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2009, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modding my S-10?

I have a 97 Chevy S-10 LS Extended cab. Have had it for quite a few years I am in fact in love with this truck, of all the vehicles I have owned it's by the best and most dependable.

I have always wanted to trick my truck out though. I'm a bit of a geek so I was sort of wanting to Geek Out my truck so to speak.

It looks like this:
Name:  96ChevyS10011.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  126.1 KB

It needs some minor work, my ex room mate broke the driver side mirror off and ripped half the bumper off so it will need some cosmetic work to get rid of the few dents it has.

I just have a few questions, is it possible to:

Put custom gauges in my truck? I'd love ones that glowed purple if possible.

Repaint and redo the color and all the interior? Maybe make it charcoal gray?

I was thinking of having the 2 small seats in the back removed and replaced with speakers and maybe putting a decent sound system back there.

What are some types of "trims" one can put around the CD player in the dash? I was thinking if possible a type of colored faux carbon fiber, maybe a set that was purplish.

The parts that are damaged I was thinking of replacing/covering with a paint job and a body kit, is that possible on a 97 extended cab S10?

Also wanna tint the windows for some privacy and to filter out the sun some more.

Replace the standard radio with a CD player that can play MP3s and preferably glows purple.

I know it's possible in a manual but is replacing/modding the shifter possible in an automatic?

Replacing the pedals with something cooler and sleeker looking. Is this possible?

Putting in some headlight and rear lights that looked sinister, if possible.

Last edited by Dusty Blaze; July 3rd, 2009 at 1:29 AM.
Old July 4th, 2009, 3:09 AM
CF Beginner

what happened to the reply i had?
Old July 8th, 2009, 4:34 AM
CF Junior Member

there are a bunch of sites out there that sell exterior parts for trucks like yours. i am a big fan of stylintrucks.com because they have so many different options. another site that you can look at is andysautosport.com. so check them out and see what they have for your style. also, trim pieces for your radio are easy to do yourself, i got the basic gm trim for a pioneer radio in my blazer and decided to leave it black to match my interior but you could paint it purple, white, red, blue, any color really. s10's and blazers are 2 of the easiest trucks gm made to modify to your taste. yeah it takes some work to get things off but in the end, it comes out so much nicer when you do it yourself
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

my best advice for you is to go to www.lmctrucks.com and order one of their free catalogs for your s10. they have just about every part you can imagine to change out like gauges. they even have power window and door kits along with aftermarket parts such as cowl hoods, rollpans, side skirts, LED underglow, and many more things. some of it is kinda pricey but is well worth it.
Old August 10th, 2009, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

No new pics right now, I'm thinking about trading my truck in sometime in the future. especially if it qualifies for the cash for clunkers thing. I'd love a 2004 Blazer 4 door but at this point I'm leaning towards the Chevy Volt, when it comes out that is. If I do trade it in I will miss this truck, a lot.
Old August 10th, 2009, 3:56 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Just look at my Blazer... go to my profile and look at my photo gallery. I have lots of mods done to mine. Might give you some ideas.